The village that raises a family…
There are lots of resources for new families. This list will help you find what you need.
Becoming a parent is like moving to another country. You’ve read about it, seen pictures and made plans. Nonetheless, it does take time to get familiar with all that’s new. It helps to have some guides who know the area.
Reliable resources for new parents.
If you need immediate help, you can always call the Parental Stress Hotline at 1-800-632-8188.
• The definitive resource about medications in mother’s milk.
www.infantrisk.org There’s also a phone line 806-352-2519.
Or download this free app: LactMed
• Lovely nursing clothes from a company that truly supports breastfeeding mothers.
• Breast pump rentals, sales and support
Michelle Stolow, IBCLC is in the Maynard area.
Dot Norcross, IBCLC is in the Newton area.
• Acupuncture and bodywork can help you regain your balance.
Plenty of parking at their Arlington office.
Jeff Matrician is located in Watertown. He does make home visits.
Steve Carter, LMT makes home visits for CranioSacral Therapy.
• Get solid information about postpartum depression.
Help for family members and health care providers with several resources across Massachusetts.
• Individual therapy for pregnant and postpartum women and their families.
A very experienced therapist who specializes in the childbearing years.
www.reproheart.com Deborah Issokson, PhD
www.maragreen.com Mara Acel-Green, LICSW
617-548-2438 She makes home visits in her area.
Places to meet with other mothers. These groups are all free.
• The Baby Cafe USA 2 Short St. Melrose, MA 02176
Wednesdays 6-8 p.m and Fridays 10-12 noon (I’m there on Wednesday evenings).
Parking available in the lot next door. There are also other cafes in Malden, Lynn and Everett.
• The Nursing Mothers’ Council has gatherings every month.
There are groups all across the state, check out the listings on the website.
More resources for your creative new life as a family.
A mural can transform your space more easily than a renovation.
Sometimes you just need to re-organize your space.
Beautiful and organic garden design for your healthy family.
Take care of your financial health, too.
Sign up for my monthly newsletter!
Robin Snyder-Drummond, BA, IBCLC