Breastfeeding can be a comfortable habit in your life. That takes patience and practice, not pain. Let’s find what works for you and your baby.
A consultation is time dedicated to discussing your breastfeeding questions. Being able to sort through all the information can be very helpful. I provide clear information to families and also to those who support them.
• Understand how your body makes milk for your child and a baby’s instinct to feed.
• Learn why some common myths are counter productive.
• Review reliable resources for information and support.
Together we’ll create a practical plan that works for you. I encourage friends, doulas, health care providers, grandparents, partners to also learn more. Each of you are an important influence that can support a breastfeeding parent.
For over twenty years, I made home visits for postpartum care and lactation consultations. That sit-down together time was valuable experience. During this 2020 pandemic, I offer online and phone support. You can contact me or call (cell) 617-435-0693.
It’s especially important to get help if
• feeding is painful, you are uncomfortable.
•latching on is difficult.
• your baby is not soiling enough diapers.
• your baby is not gaining weight or is losing weight.
I look forward to talking with you.
Robin Snyder-Drummond, BA, IBCLC
Breastfeeding Guidance for your Comfort.